Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell
In this lesson we will be learning Joni Mitchell’s Big Yellow Taxi. The song is played with an open D alternate tuning. The tuning of open D is shown in the tab. The song consists of a I – IV – V (E, A, and B) chord progression for the most part. The tricky part about this tune is Mitchell’s intricate rhythm playing. She keeps her strum hand going in an 8th note fashion accenting and muting various strums.
$.99 For the first month!
- over 700 unique lessons
- complete 58 lesson beginner program
- over 200 song lessons w/ accurate tabs
- jam tracks
- genre and skill specific lessons
- first rate customer service
- submit lesson requests
- cancel anytime
- best bang for your buck anywhere
You must be a student to view the lesson charts. Subscribe here.