In this lesson we will examine some common blues intros using a new voicing for a dominant 7 chord. You can use these intros to spice up your 12 bar blues. On many classic blues recording there is a tasty intro that kicks the song off. They can be based on the root chord of the song or even start on the V chord. Sometimes blues intros take the place of the first 4 bars of the 12 bar form as you will see in our first example. There are many options and ways to showcase your own personal style in a blues intro.
Sign Up for 7 Day Free Trial
- over 700 unique lessons
- complete 58 lesson beginner program
- over 200 song lessons w/ accurate tabs
- jam tracks
- genre and skill specific lessons
- first rate customer service
- submit lesson requests
- cancel anytime
- best bang for your buck anywhere
You must be a student to view the lesson charts. Subscribe here.